23 February, 2009

Quick Update

I got Street Fighter 4 on Saturday (a day late, even though my expectations were too high) and so far it's pretty fun. The only real problem I've encountered is that both Dhalism and Gen are bishes to complete Arcade mode with. (Mainly because of the cheap-ass boss Seth)

Online is fun too, though there are a bit too many Ken/Ryu/Zangief players for my tastes.

I also finished The Lost and Damned on Sunday, and almost every thing I said on Thursday was completely and utterly wrong about this DLC/mini-game. After getting introduced to a few more characters, I found that Johnny was only a jerk to Brian and Billy, whom both deserved it.

The ending was truly great though, giving the player something to think about, which wasn't there in Niko's story. The only flaw though, is that while the game is fun (I still need to finish some stuff up) the ending was really open-ended, and in a free-world game... most of the time those kind of endings don't work all that well.

The Scout's final unlock was announced finally, and I like it. Basically it's like the Pyro's air-blast, but a tiny bit more balanced IMO. (Reload time is a lot longer)

4 comments:

  1. I've ordered SF: IV so I should have it within the next couple days. I will then own you with a character other than Ken/Ryu/Zangief.

    I was always a Sagat/Bison player myself. Arc always played Blanca and fucking lame Vega.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to destroy you as Vega then :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be getting SF4 soon. We'll see if my muscles can still pull off those old moves. I used to be "shockingly" good with Blanca and "a cut above" the rest with Vega.

    Now if they ever bring back Killer Instinct, look out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God Bro... and I thought my puns were bad.

    If they bring back Killer Instinct I won't be playing it with you. Mr. 200 hit combo air juggler.

    ReplyDelete